Liquid Chromatograph Solution Waters Announces Significant Advance in Chromatography
Waters Corporation introduced the Acquity Premier Solution, the next generation in liquid chromatographs featuring the company's Max Peak High Performance Surface (HPS) technology. The solution leverages HPS to improve analytical data quality and eliminate the need for time-consuming and costly passivation.
Milford/USA — Acquity Premier is a universal liquid chromatograph (LC) solution that combines the Acquity Premier System with Acquity Premier Columns with Max Peak HPS technology. It is designed to alleviate the problem of analyte/metal surface interactions when analyzing organic acids, organophosphates, oligonucleotides, phosphopeptides, acidic glycans and phospholipids by reversed phase and hydrophilic interaction chromatography. For these analyses, the new solution cuts the time from sample to results, improves analyte recovery and assay-to-assay reproducibility, to give separation scientists greater assurance in the integrity of their qualitative and quantitative analytical results.
Max Peak HPS technology is a hybrid organic/inorganic surface technology that forms a barrier between the sample and the metal surfaces of both the system and column. By mitigating, or eliminating altogether, non-specific adsorption, the Acquity Premier Solution offers many benefits, among them:
- increased analyte recovery with 10-100X improvement in detection sensitivity for low-level phosphorylated and carboxylated analytes reducing the risk of unseen analytes going undetected
- sharper peak shapes and greater peak capacity for more accurate analyte identification and data interpretation
- greater reproducibility for separations prone to adsorptive losses meaning less re-work or troubleshooting, and more confidence in results
- no more system passivation to waste valuable sample material or tie up instrument cycles
- eases the transfer of methods from site-to-site and from company-to-company
- offers UPLC performance for the analysis of both metal-sensitive and non-metal-sensitive analytes making it a truly universal liquid chromatography solution