Flow Cytometry Precise Resolution: New Dye Offers Maximal Brightness and Narrow Excitation and Emission Profiles
Bio-Rad Laboratories launched the Star Bright Ultra Violet 400 Dye, the first in its range of unique fluorescent nanoparticles designed for use with a UV laser in flow cytometry applications.
Star Bright Ultra Violet 400 Dye offers exceptional brightness with narrow excitation and emission profiles, making it suitable for use in multicolor flow cytometry panels. Bio-Rad’s range of Star Bright Dyes are conjugated to highly validated flow antibodies and are compatible with most flow cytometers and experimental protocols.
According to the company, the new dye offers a high-performance alternative to existing dyes excitable by the 355 nanometer UV laser, without the need for special buffers. It provides researchers with greater choice and flexibility when designing flow cytometry experiments.
Key Benefits of Star Bright Dyes
- Compatible with new and existing protocols and suitable for use in multiplex panels
- Resistant to photobleaching and highly stable with minimal lot-to-lot variation
- Reliable Förster resonance energy transfer (FRET) for reproducible data
- Work with common staining buffers, including special polymer dye staining buffers, for easy integration into multicolor panels
- Ensure no loss of signal in fixation
- Offer narrow excitation and emission profiles for improved resolution in new and existing multicolor flow cytometry experiments.