Liquid Chromatography Reliable Liquid Chromatography of Metal-Sensitive Compounds
A new liquid chromatography system sharpens chromatographic peaks for metal-sensitive compounds by eliminating secondary interactions, maximizing reproducibility and efficiency of separations without compromising performance.
Milford/USA — Waters Corporation introduced the Waters Arc Premier System, the first liquid chromatography system optimized for chromatographic separations on 2.5 – 3.5 micron columns to also feature Waters’ novel Max Peak High Performance Surface (HPS) technology. The new system complements the company's Max Peak Premier Columns to virtually eliminate the surface interactions that occur between sample analytes and instrument and column hardware, saving laboratories time wasted on costly passivation and providing greater confidence in separations results.
The Arc Premier System delivers reproducibility and repeatability for scientists developing methods for stability testing, impurity profiling and product release data in compliance with regulatory requirements. The combined solution provides reproducibility without sacrificing performance along with system ruggedness for delivering consistently accurate chromatographic results in test after test.
Max Peak HPS technology is a unique hybrid organic/inorganic surface technology exclusive to Waters’ Max Peak Premier Systems and Columns. It forms a barrier between the sample and the metal surfaces of both the system and column, mitigating, or eliminating altogether, non-specific adsorption. It offers many benefits including:
- Increased analyte recovery for more accurate and precise quantification
- Up to a 5X increase in detector sensitivity depending upon the degree of metal sensitivity
- Up to a 10X improvement in system-to-system reproducibility
- Up to a 100X improvement in user-to-user reproducibility
- Potential savings of 2 – 3 days/assay by eliminating system passivation and column conditioning, increasing productivity and profitability