Germany: Chemspec Europe in Cologne Meeting Place for Fine and Speciality Chemicals
From June 20 to 21, 2018 Chemspec Europe will bring together experts from the fine and speciality chemicals business. Purchasing, sourcing, R&D and process management professionals have the opportunity to get hold of innovative solutions, products and services.
Cologne/Germany — The region around Cologne, also called the “chemical belt” of Germany, boasts large-scale chemical sites and chemical parks with a vast number of production plants where diverse chemical products are manufactured, from fuel for modern engines to highly complex active agent molecules for life science applications.
Chemspec Europe 2018 will once again present the full spectrum of custom, fine and speciality chemicals for many different applications and industries, including pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, polymers, additives, advanced intermediates, food and feed, oil and gas mining, pigments, dyes, electronics, fragrances, household chemicals, biobased chemicals and many more. The broad exhibition portfolio is completed by a range of analytical, production and processing equipment, as well as regulatory services and products.
The coming event will feature some 300 suppliers from 27 different countries, with the majority of exhibitors coming from Germany, plus a substantial European line-up headed by the United Kingdom, France, Belgium, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic and Spain. The USA and various Asian countries will also show a strong presence, with India and China being Asia’s most prominent participants.
New Partnering Programme
Promoting networking has always been a major part of Chemspec Europe. At this year’s show, visitors have the opportunity to use a new matchmaking service, the Chemspec Europe 2018 Partnering Programme, to connect and do business with people of complementary interests. A compatibility function will help attendees find the perfect match and organise private meetings in dedicated on-site meeting spaces.
“Chemspec Europe is blessed with a top-class range of highly qualified trade visitors offering a huge pool of industry knowledge and business contacts. By introducing the new Partnering Programme, we want to help attendees capitalise on this potential by offering an innovative matchmaking technology that is easy to use and extremely targeted”, explains Liljana Goszdziewski, Exhibition Director of Chemspec Europe, on behalf of the organisers, Mack Brooks Exhibitions.
The idea is to add a third level of networking in addition to the activities on the exhibition stands and around the conference sessions. The new Partnering Programme will help visitors meet people from similar industries or interests in the easiest way possible, adding true value for attendees. Visitors can save time, extend their network beyond already existing contacts, and use modern technology to make networking a less daunting task, explains Goszdiziewski.
Extensive Conference Programme and Educational Content
Chemspec Europe provides an extensive educational programme of lectures and conference sessions on-site. In four designated lecture theatres, industry experts will hold talks and discussion rounds on chemical supply chain knowledge, ongoing R&D projects and regulatory issues. All conferences and seminars are free to attend and will partly be organised by renowned partner organisations:
- The Chemspec Agrochemical Outlook Conference, sponsored by Agrow: A review of the market in 2017 and insights into the challenges and opportunities facing the industry in 2018.
- Innovative Start-ups: New Paths to Fine and Speciality Chemicals, organised by Chemspec Europe and BCNP Consultants: Keynote lecture, talks and panel discussions on the latest start-up innovations and trends.
- The Pharmaceutical Update conference organised by Chemspec Europe, including “The Pharma Outsourcing Best Practices Panel session on global outsourcing strategies” and “The Abou-Gharbia Lecture on drug discovery and the road to personalized medicine”, both held and chaired by Dr Magid Abou-Gharbia, Moulder Center for Drug Discovery Research, School of Pharmacy, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, USA.
- The Regulatory Services Conference, organised by Reach Ready: Covering the range of regulatory challenges facing those in the global chemical supply chain.
- The RSC Symposium, organised by the Royal Society of Chemistry: Two-day symposium on advances in the science, understanding and development of new additives to enhance product performance.
- The Chemspec Careers Clinic, organised by Chemical Search International: Chance for executives from the fine and speciality chemical sectors to discuss their career aspirations with a specialist professional search firm.